An established and proven process
A well-structured process ensures nothing gets left to chance. We follow an innovative project management methodology adopted by company owner Tyler Hendrickson over the past decade.
Here’s what it looks like:
- Project Development: First we work with you to outline goals and scope, and make sure everyone’s on the same page.
- Project Definition: Here’s where we start the preliminary design work and early permitting, and place early procurement orders for long lead items.
- Project Setup: Next we finalize design(s), help you choose contractors and vendors, and develop a clear execution estimate and schedule.
- Project Execution: Construction starts at this stage, and our focus is on construction and change management.
- Project Closeout: This is what makes us unique! We stay on board past completion to tie up loose ends with the contractors and make sure there are no problems.
As you can see, our process puts great emphasis on project scope definition. Gerald Long, Manager Advisory for KPMG, states that “scheduling is one of the most difficult and least understood aspects of a project” and that “the biggest project failures are caused by poor scope management and inadequate communication.”
When the setup is done right, everyone can proceed with a clear understanding of what needs to be done, with minimal changes.
We believe that just because you’re ready for your first capital project, doesn’t mean you should be subject to all the trial-and-error costs and delays.